Sunday, January 20, 2008

I'm a lazy boy. Germany Part 1

Dear Fans, Friends, and Family,

What can I say, germany is stealing all of my time. If i'm not in my room doing homework, or sleeping, i'm out and about exploring munich or hanging out with friends. right now, actually, i'm supposed to be working on a paper, but i thought i would take a short break and write something.

There's no way now that i can go through everything that's happened and record it all, but i'll try to give an impression of what's going on.

School:
School here is interesting. Most of my classes are in german, and through my program, which means that all the other kids in there i know, and am really good friends with. this makes the fact that they're in german a little more bearable. I have one class at the real college, Ludwig Maximillian Universität. It's a really interesting class on Puritan texts, and it's in english.

My german, as can be expected, is getting better. I don't neccessarily notice the change, but i'm sure it's happening. As a result, my english is getting worse. Not spoken, seeing as how i'm always speaking it, but my written. I sometimes used german grammar, or the german word for things if i can't think of the english. for example, nötig means neccessary, and is easy to write. In my notes for my Puritan Text class, in english, you can find many german words for some reason. It makes it interesting as im going back through and reading them later.

Munich is beautiful, and there is so much to do. I have found this nice cafe called Cafe Rischarts, and it has the best tomato soup in the entire world. it also comes with freshly baked bread. A bowl of soup, bread, and coffee are only 6 euro or something, which is alittle expensive, but definitely filling.

So far, one of my favorite clubs is Americanos. It's in the basement of a building, and lit by a reddish light. THere's plenty of places to sit, and as it gets more crowded, people start dancing. It's pretty cheap, too. I think it's a cool place to just go and hang out, or go and dance, either one. and the entrance fee is only 3 euro, which is pretty cheap considering the other places.

but right now i have to go, so, to be continued.....

No comments: